Frequently Asked Questions
How does the laser work?
- The laser emits a gentle beam of energy that is absorbed by the pigment melanin in the hair, and passes through the hair to the hair follicle. The energy is then transformed into heat, which damages the follicle such that it can no longer produce hair. The scientific principle called Thermometric Selectivity (TKS) makes this method of hair removal particularly effective. Why is TKS important?
- TKS makes it possible for laser energy to "select" only hair follicles, while sparing surrounding skin from damage. This brings the cosmetic results you want, with the clinical results you need. How do I know, if I'm a good candidate for laser hair removal?
- If you are concerned about unwanted hair, you are probably a good candidate for laser hair removal. Nearly everyone is a candidate for hair removal with the Cynosure laser.
- People with natural photo sensitivity, people with immune system disorders, or those that are taking medication that makes them photosensitive cannot be treated.
- The most dramatic results occur for patients with light skin and dark hair, however TKS makes it possible for people with dark skin tones to also receive great results. Some factors that influence the treatment process are skin color, hair color, pain tolerance and hormones. Is the treatment painful?
- Most patients describe the treatment as a series of slight pin pricks to the skin. The majority of patients tolerate this sensation without requiring anesthetics. However, application of numbing cream prior to the treatment may be used to desensitize the skin area. Within about 30 minutes of treatment, the area may become pink or red, and this may last from a few hours to one day. How many treatments are required?
- Hair grows in cycles. The laser only affects hair when it is in its early-growth phase. The laser will disable follicles that are actively producing hair at the time of treatment. At any time, some hair follicles are dormant. Repeat sessions will treat these follicles when they re-enter the growth phase.
- Other factors that influence the treatment process are skin color, hair color, pain tolerance and hormones. Due to these factors, the number of treatments varies. On the average, patients can expect to see 90-95% hair reduction within four to six treatments. The number of treatments also varies with the body area being treated. laser hair removal packages are available you save huge amount. please call for consultation.